Tuesday 19 May 2015

Burberry Beauty Top Picks SS15

As a lot of you reading this will know, earlier in March I was lucky enough to be filmed playing one of my songs 'Medicine' for Burberry Acoustic! I have been a big fan of the brand for quite some time and regularly keep up to date with their collections (wasn't the AW15 show incredible?!), and the amazing videos that they do with unsigned and upcoming artists. To be be chosen to film one was an absolute honor and a bit of a 'pinch-me' moment! My live acoustic video is linked at the bottom of this post, set in the beautiful grounds of Cliveden, near where I live, so check it out if you haven't done so already!

Through doing the video, Burberry were generous enough to give me some vouchers to spend in-store which I was SO excited about! I took a trip to the flagship store on Regent's Street and went for a beautifully classic Kensington Trench Coat (future outfit post to come), a traditional Cashmere scarf, goodies for Fred and my family, and lots of smelly/beauty bits for myself. A few of my favourites I have decided to give my opinion on for anyone who is thinking of trying out some of Burberry's gorgeous products! Let me know below if you have tried any too and what you'd recommend!



 My Burberry Eau De Parfum



Seriously. If you haven't smelled this yet, you and your senses are missing out big time. Definitely one of my favourite perfumes around at the moment and I think it's going to be one of those that will stay close to the top of my list for quite some time! A little goes a long way with this as it's quite strong, but it also has the perfect mix of being quite sweet, sensual and uplifting too. If you go for the larger bottle, you can even get your initials engraved (available in Burberry stores and online), so it makes a really lovely present too...even if that means a present to yourself! (cheeky!)


My Burberry Shower Oil and Body Mist


These little beauties go hand in hand with the My Burberry Eau de Parfum and I cannot tell you how much I'd recommend getting the 3 products together if you're able to! I decided to use these products sparingly and only on special occasions as it would soon get pricey to keep re-purchasing, but using the combination of the 3 made my body feel so soft and moisturised, with that added gorgeous scent of My Burberry so I'd definitely recommend these. The oil turns slightly soapy when you wash with it, so there's no need for an extra shower gel. Again, a little goes a long way! I was a bit apprehensive about the Body Mist as I was ideally looking for more of a moisturiser, but actually this was really nourishing and soaked into my skin immediately due to it being so light and fresh. It also meant that I didn't need to wait around forever to put my clothes which was an added bonus! 


Fresh Glow Foundation


I don't know about you, but I really like my base make-up to be quite natural and dewy-looking, but when you're as pale as I am and have dry/irritable skin, it's often easier said than done to find something that ticks all of the boxes. On a day-to-day basis I tend to stick with Bobbi Brown's tinted moisturiser as I find it doesn't dry my face out and it gives a nice coverage without looking cakey, but when I go out I like to have a nice foundation to give me a bit more of a 'finished' look. So I opted for the Fresh Glow Foundation when I was browsing Burberry's beauty stand. I went for the lightest shade 'Porcelain No.11', which admittedly is still a bit darker than my usual shade of choice, but it blends in really easily, it's perfectly moisturising and dewy-looking, and will be perfect for the summer months being that little bit darker. Plus it has an added SPF 15 which is always a bonus. Hats off to you, Burberry - this is definitely my new favourite foundation!


SS/15 Runway Palette Blush Highlighter


I love this little compact! Not only does it look as pretty as a picture in its limited edition SS/15 sleeve, it gives such a lovely pop of colour with an added bit of shimmer. Perfect for ladies with fair skin! It also comes with a cute little velvet pouch with a teeny blusher brush, so it's great to pop in your handbag and touch up with throughout the day.

Burberry Kisses


I got this in the 'Blossom Pink No.29' shade and I really love it. It glides on really easily and is super moisturising! My only knock on it is that I don't think the color looks as bold on the lips as it does when you push the lipstick up, but nevertheless it still looks great and it gives a lovely tint-look more than anything else. Now to try some of the many other colours...!

X



Shannon Wardrop - 'Medicine' for Burberry Acoustic


No comments:

Post a Comment